This lesson is part of a five step getting started tutorial
Previous Lesson 1: Adding pages to your menu
There are several content items which can be added to a page. Content items are text or image galleries, but also items such as a room overview, package overview, maps and forms. This article covers adding the content item 'text'.
To add a content item with only text:
- Go to Pages
- Click on the page name, such as Welcome
- Click Add content (at the top right)
- Fill in the name of the content item, this name is not visible to visitors
- Choose the layout Standard page
- Enter the title and text, the title is important for search engine optimisation
- Click Save
You can now move the content item up or down, to set the position in the page. We recommend keeping each text block limited to a few sentences, with clear readable titles.
Screen capture: "Adding text to a page". Click to enlarge.