This article describes why you don't receive reservation email from the RDX Channel Manager.
Reservation emails are most of the time sent directly from your booking websites to your email address, but this isn't always the case.
If you're having trouble with a particular booking website, the first step is to find out who is sending the confirmation emails: the booking website or the Channel Manager.
Find Out Who Sends the Reservation Emails
There are a small number of booking websites that don't send reservation emails directly to you, and the confirmation email is actually being sent by the Channel Manager. Some common websites that applies to are Booking.com, Expedia, and LateRooms/AsiaRooms LRConnect.
There are other websites, so the easiest way to tell if the Channel Manager is sending reservation emails for the websites is:
- Click on the Channels tab in the Channel Manager
- Click Channel Settings for the booking channel
- If the booking channel requires you to enter a reservation email address in Configuration Settings, the Channel Manager is sending the reservation emails.
In this case, please make sure that the email address is correct before continuing.
- If there is no email address in the Configuration Settings, the Channel Manager is not sending the reservation emails.
In this case, you should contact the booking channel to ensure they have your correct reservation email address.
Note: If the booking channel reports that there is an email address that contains hoteliers.com, you shouldn't alter the address.
General Troubleshooting in Your Email
There are also some basic troubleshooting steps you can take on your side if you don't find the problem using the previous steps:
- Check your email's spam folder regularly to ensure reservation emails aren't there. Please look for email@example.com as sender.
- Add any email address that sends you reservations to your email contacts (this will usually exempt that address from spam filtering)
To ensure emails sent by the Channel Manager don't get blocked, contact Channel Manager Support to find out the email address we're sending reservations from and add it to your email contacts.
If you're still unable to rectify the issue, contact Channel Manager Support for assistance.