TripAdvisor is the world most important travel website for travelers. Millions of travelers consult TripAdvisor for their next trip and searching for the perfect accommodation. It is now possible to connect your own booking engine to your TripAdvisor account via TripAdvisors' Instant Booking program. In this article we explain how you can troubleshoot the most common errors while setting up your Instant Booking campaign. If you are interested in a connection between the booking engine and TripAdvisor Instant Booking, please submit a new request.
- The rate and availability information displaying for my property on TripAdvisor is wrong. What should I do?
- Why is “Book on TripAdvisor” not linking to my property?
1. The rate and availability information displaying for my property on TripAdvisor is wrong. What should I do?
The rate and availability information you see in Step 1 of the TripAdvisor Instant Booking setup comes from hoteliers.com. This step confirms that the information you entered in the booking engine (including taxes and policies) is correct transmitting to TripAdvisor properly. If you encounter an issue, first log into the back office of hoteliers.com to verify the prices, taxes and fees are set up correctly.
If everything appears correct in the back office of hoteliers.com, please submit a request to resolve the problem. Hoteliers.com will make sure the correct rates and availability will be send to TripAdvisor InstantBooking.
2. Why is “Book on TripAdvisor” not linking to my property?
If you select the higher commission rate (15% per booking), your property will receive half of the “Book on TripAdvisor” traveler views – or a quarter of the views at the lower commission rate (12% per booking). If the button is consistently linking to your other distribution partners (like OTAs), here are a few things to check:
- First, review your TripAdvisor InstantBooking dashboard to make sure your campaign is still active
- Next, confirm that hoteliers.com is correctly accessing your property’s rates and availability
- Finally, make sure your prices are the same or better as your other distribution channels, if you have them. If your pricing isn’t competitive, your rates and availability may not appear in the “Book on TripAdvisor” button.
Are you interested in a connection between the booking engine and TripAdvisor Instant Booking? Please submit a new request.
If your question is not answered with above mentioned questions we refer to one of the other articles:
TripAdvisor Instant Booking: How does it work?
TripAdvisor Instant Booking: Commission and payments