Tip Stay up-to-date on the products you use. Receive these updates in your mailbox. Click here to see how you can subscribe.
Responsive Booking Engine
- Extra services The up-sell page of extra services has been redesigned, enabling hotels to sell services per-day. The following improvements have been made:
- Every extra is now clearly separated into a 'paper cards'
- A description can be added
- Extra's can be sold per day, where guests can select which day they would like to use the extra service
- Fonts The standard version of the 'Garamond' font is now available in all parts of the booking engine, such as titles and texts, except for the booking confirmations via email, as this is a font that is not supported by all email clients
- Security The password strength and length of passwords which are sent to bookers to manage their bookings, have been increased
- Background pattern Some hotels use a background pattern or background image, to give more character to their booking engine. The header of the booking engine has now been redesigned to better show the pattern or image
- Review Widget The Review Widget, which hotels can place on their website to show the live review score, now contains a link to the Review Module
- Outdated browsers We develop interfaces and websites for all common, most recent browser versions. Very old browsers can be unsafe. Therefore, a notification has been added for users using a very outdated browser.
As of December 2016, looking at browser usage statistics, browsers that are very old, are generally considered to be Internet Explorer 10, Firefox 45,Safari 8 and previous versions.
An example: Looking at browser usage statistics if Internet Explorer, IE10 is only used by 5 out of 100 000 guests (0.1% of the IE-users 5.2%).
- Exports In the function to export bookings, the rate names were missing
- Cancellation confirmations Several hotels have the new function Guest login for booking management activated, where guests can cancel their own booking. Guests were receiving cancellation confirmations from a hoteliers.com email address. This has been changed, so guests will now see the hotel's email address as the sender of the email
- Spelling Some corrections have been made to the spelling of 'person' and 'persons' in different languages
- Review Module Due to an update, replies from hotels to guests in the Review Module were too narrow
- Book button Due to another update, the book button was too wide on mobile devices. This has been corrected
- Starting price The starting price of a room was always rounded up. The starting price is now rounded down to always show the best indication of the price of a room to guests. This means that an amount of EUR 199,99 is shown as EUR 199 and not as EUR 200. The decimals of the starting price are not shown intentionally, to make sure the guest can scan the starting price of rooms fast. Once clicking on "Show rates", guests will see the full price including cents
- Payment icons User observations showed that a lot of users were clicking on the payment icons, instead of on the selection button. Therefore, payment icons are now clickable
Responsive Hotel Website
- Larger box booking engine The 'fancybox' in which the booking engine is opened, is opening wider on desktop screens now. This will make space for the larger images of the recent design update of the booking engine and will show the background colour or pattern better
- Broken images If images are removed from the CMS Library, but if the image on the page itself is not replaced by another image that is still present in the CMS Library, this would create a broken image link in promotion blocks. If images are now removed, the promo block will not show a broken link anymore. It will just show the title only without an image
- This new Design Store website with the template Night Audit is now online. Visit the hotel's website both on your desktop and smartphone to see it's responsiveness! Floris Hotel Collection
- This new Design Store website with the template Night Audit is now online. Visit the hotel's website both on your desktop and smartphone to see it's responsiveness! Hotel de la Paix
- This new Design Store website with the template Champagne is now online. Visit the hotel's website both on your desktop and smartphone to see it's responsiveness! Hotel Terminus Figeac
- Luxury Suites Amsterdam requested a small design change in the colours and branding, which creates a complete new look
- This tailor made website has been made responsive to all screen sizes. Visit the hotel's website both on your desktop and smartphone to see it's responsiveness! Sebastians
- This tailor made website has been made responsive to all screen sizes. Visit the hotel's website both on your desktop and smartphone to see it's responsiveness! Suitehotel Pincoffs